**Disclaimer**I do not own the featured image**
Band members. We love them. They introduced us to our new favorite band, hell, maybe they are a part of our favorite band. But why do we idolize them so?
Is it because they saved your life?
This is the case for many people. Maybe even mine. I just may not know it. I don’t know.
What I do know, are that there are just some things you should definitely not do to or around band members.
- Don’t harass a band member. In the sense that, they end up blocking you on Twitter, because they kept getting a tweet from you saying “FUCK ME DADDY”
- DON’T CALL BAND MEMBERS DADDY! This is disgusting, and so disrespectful to the band member, and the band member’s spouse/family. Would you call them daddy in front of their children or spouse? No, I didn’t think so.
- Do not criticize them over and over, over things that they’ve done. That’s one way to get them to absolutely hate you, and probably block you.
- Don’t bully anyone. Odds are, they’re against bullying, so if you are bullying someone, they won’t like you very much either.
- Do not hate on new fans. Okay, we get it, you’ve been here since the beginning. That doesn’t give you an excuse to hate on a new fan because of their favorite song, or their favorite album. Everyone has their likes, and if that is something, then let them be happy with what they’ve got so far.
- Do not grope the band members. This goes along with the disrespectful side. Would you grope your cousin? Would you grope a stranger? It’s like that. It’s completely disrespectful, and if the person doesn’t feel comfortable with doing that, you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.
- Leave their girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse alone. I cannot tell you how upset fans make me when they hate on Vic Fuentes’ girlfriend Danielle, or Brendon Urie’s wife Sarah. It disgusts me. That makes you not a true fan of the the band or the person.
- Treat them with respect, and don’t give them too much power over you. They’re just a person just like you.
- Buy merch. Buying their songs and merch helps support the members and the band.
- Show their band to your friends. The more you spread them around, the more love, support, and exposure they get.
- Support them, even if they release a record or a project you don’t like. Some artists release stuff that you may not like. That’s okay! But please don’t hate on the projects, and make them feel like shit. That’s not okay!
That’s all I can think of at the moment, but you get the gist of it.